Planning for the inevitable.
It feels good knowing your plans are in order. Planning ahead provides you peace of mind that your personal wishes are known and protects your family from having to make tough decisions during a time of extreme stress and grief.
There are many benefits to planning ahead…
- Your cost will not increase. When you plan and fund your funeral in advance, it is purchased at today’s prices. Your family will not experience the rising costs of inflation.
- The plan is regarded as an exempt asset. If you apply for Medicaid, SSI benefits, federal bankruptcy, or apply for nursing home care, your pre-need funds are safe.
- The plan grows in value. Unlike life insurance and final expense policies, a pre-need plan grows in value! Any excess funds are returned to the beneficiaries tax-free.
- It’s transferable. If you should move out of state, or simply choose another funeral home, your Advance Funeral Plan can move with you.
- Take advantage of an optional payment plan. Single and multi-year payment plans are available. If death should occur before the payments are completed, the funeral plan may be paid in full, depending on the plan. We have a plan for you!
Three easy steps to planning ahead:
- Record personal and family information. The shock of grief makes it difficult to remember important information. Our Planning Guide will help your family have all the information they need when they need it most.
- Select funeral services and merchandise. By selecting your services and merchandise in advance, your family will have the peace of mind of knowing what your wishes are. Our caring staff is here to help you make your selections and have your funeral be more memorable to those you love.
- Pre-fund your funeral with a pre-need funeral plan. By starting a pre-need policy you are giving your family the gift of peace and guaranteeing that your final needs will be taken care of. Our Planning Book is free! We would love to share it with you and show you how to use it!
If you would like a free booklet explaining everything or if you have questions and would like an appointment to meet, please contact us.
Talk of a Lifetime
You talk about everything, but have you had the talk? It’s time to have the conversation on how you want to be remembered. Talk of a Lifetime helps you through this important conversation, about life and what matters most. Having discussions with your loved ones provides peace of mind when it’s time to commemorate a life. It can make the difference of a lifetime.
Impact on Family
One of the best benefits to planning ahead is the impact on your family. In planning your wishes ahead of time, you relieve the burden from your loves ones. In a time of grief and stress, making very difficult decisions are the last thing that anyone wants. Second guessing what you wanted creates extra stress. Preplanning your funeral makes emotional sense. It is one of the greatest gifts you can give to those you love most.
No two people are alike, and neither have to be their funerals. By making your funeral arrangements yourself, you can customize them to fit your preferences. Advance planning allows for you to plan an event that celebrates life, choosing your own venue, music, disposition choice and desired final resting place. These decisions are made best with our help as funeral professionals, at a time without stress and grieving.
You can pre-pay for your planned funeral at the price it costs today, saving you money. Many enjoy the benefits of prepaying since their financial savings in turn result in more inheritance money for their family. Advance planning also eliminates the chance for emotional overspending by surviving loved ones. There are various payment plans available, which we are happy to discuss with you in person. Payments are placed in a trust account in a bank or in a pre-planning insurance account. In many cases, we can also accept an assignment of an existing life insurance policy for future payment of the amount of the final arrangements you desire.
Have you already preplanned your funeral wishes with another funeral home? If you are wanting to transfer, we are here to help make this transition as easy as possible for you.
We are here to help you every step of the way. The first step is planning ahead. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Q. Due to health problems, can I be turned down for a pre-need policy?
A. No, everyone qualifies!
Q. Do I have to pay for my whole funeral at once?
A. You may tailor your plan to fit your needs, and select any portion of your funeral you wish to cover and spread out those payments for 1, 3, 5, 7, or 10 years.
Q. What if the funeral home closes, what happens to my money?
A. The funds are not the property of the funeral home, so would not be affected.
Q. What if I move away?
A. Your pre-need funds may be used at any funeral home in the United States.
Q. What if I die before I am done paying on my plan?
A. If your death was accidental, your funeral plan would fund immediately. If you answered yes to one of the two health questions, there is limited coverage for the first two years, BUT, every penny you paid comes back in death benefit and your prices are locked in at the rate it was when you enrolled.
Q. Can I pay it off early if I want to?
A. Yes! You may pay it off at any time.
Have more questions? Contact us.